Today we released the second patch for Speedrunner HD on Xbox Live Indie Games. Scroll down to the bullet point list if you just want to see the changes in this update.
This patch coincides with the release of the soundtrack of Speedrunner HD by Jonathan vd Wijngaarden, just like we had planned! Head over to http://www.speedrunner-game.com/soundtrack to check it out.
Actually though, we had hoped this patch would be released somewhere around christmas last year (that sounds like a long time ago!). However, we didn’t quite make that deadline. What happened?
Well, during a multiplayer playthrough of Speedrunner, back in November, we found some remaining rare bugs which I (GJ) really liked to fix, and we weren't the only ones who noticed either. Because it's a time intensive effort to release a patch on XBLIG we usually like to add some new content as well. So, Casper added some much requested new multiplayer levels, raising the total number of multiplayer levels from 5 to 7.
Industry: Factory is the spike production facility (so now you know where all those spikes are coming from!). It's level where -you guesed it- a lot ...
Two weeks ago, the 1.1 patch for Speedrunner HD was released on Xbox Live Indie Games! This patch brings 4 new singleplayer bonus levels and online distributed scoreboards, amongst other changes. Here is the full changelist:
- 4 all new singleplayer bonus levels
- online distributed scoreboards
- faster load times
- smaller game size on harddisk
- tweak: in addition to the X button, the shoulder buttons now also activate the grappling hook
- tweak: prevented skipping through the screen calibration without changing it at least slightly
- tweak: adjusted some of the medal timings
- bug: wall climbing no longer depletes boost power
- bug: no more infinite respawning in some rare multiplayer situations
- bug: the front runner will now get a point (in multiplayer) when the 3rd player is knocked out
- bug: double jump and invincibility is now correctly reset when transitioning from the multiplayer lobby to the game
- bug: opening the pause menu in multiplayer before the game is started no longer locks up the game
We recently created a DoubleDutch Games google+ page. Add us to your circles if you haven't ...